Hello JETS Fans, Friends and Family!!! It's finally time for NEW YORK JETS football in Tampa Bay once again.
And boy, are we in for a season to remember. I certainly can't remember the last time there was this much excitement about our beloved Jets since the year Vinny went down in Game 1 in the 1999 season with a torn ruptured Achilles tendon after losing to the Broncos in the AFC Championship game the year before.
The excitement is palpable and we are the talk of the NFL. I LOVE IT!
And let's face it... this year there is going to be PLENTY to cheer about. Can you say Aaron Rodgers? How about Dalvin Cook? Breece Hall? Garrett Wilson? Allen Lazard? Alijah Vera-Tucker? Sauce Gardner? D.J. Reed? Quinnen Williams? C.J. Mosley? Michael Carter II? Jermaine Johnson? The list goes on and on. This team is special and I can't wait to watch them all with you guys.
For those that don't know me, my given name is Steve but my friends and Jets Fam have been calling me "Festa" for the last 40 years. I'm the knucklehead that started the New York Jets Fan Club of Tampa Bay after moving here from Paramus, NJ about 20 years ago.
Now in our 19th year, the New York Jets Fan Club of Tampa Bay wants to welcome all Jets fans from near and far to come watch every JETS game with an awesome group of Jets fans.
If you've never been out to a game, let me give you some idea of what to expect:
1) When you walk into the Bourbon Bar at Gaspar's Patio Bar and Grill, you'll find the room lit up in Green and filled with New York Jets Fans that have moved into the Tampa Bay area from all over the world. No fans from other teams are in the room with us (unless they came in with a Jets Fan).
2) Every TV in the room will be on the Jets game and the sound will be piped through the overhead speakers.
3) We'll have three pool tables covered in Jets gear.
- On one table lays a HUMONGOUS Jets Flag with over 1,000 signatures from fans who've come into the club (including two Jets Super Bowl winners in Earl Christy and Mike Stromberg, Coach Mike Westhoff, and Sack Exchange great Marty Lyons).
- On another table we'll have some Jets Gear and
- the third table is FILLED with Jets merchandise that can be won by entering our...
4) ...50/50 raffle at every game. We draw the winner at halftime and the winner gets half the cash we take in (often over $250 goes home with the winner). After giving away the money, we pull additional tickets to win the Merchandise on the third pool table.
Last year we gave away a bunch of Jets cornhole sets, tailgating tables and chairs, shirts, flags, hats, mugs, backpacks, duffle bags, Christmas ornaments, shot glasses, calendars and everything else you can imagine.
If you happen to have something you'd like to donate to the raffle (always appreciated) please bring it and we'll add it to the table for another fan to win.
5) During the game I'm on the wireless microphone leading the crowd in Jets Chants at key moments in the game and after EVERY point scored.
Folks if you can't be at the game then you need to be at the Fan Club with your Jets Family. Sure you can watch these games at home but there is just nothing like watching the game with a crowd of 100+ Jets fans cheering them on.
I know opening day this year is on a Monday night and will be on National TV but SCREW THAT... you're not gonna have a room full of Jets fans to watch it with at home.
Come out and see your old friends and Jets family or if you've never been to a watch party with us then come out and meet your new favorite place to be on Game Day.
I promise you, you'll never want to watch another game anywhere else.
J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS